Thursday, September 23, 2010

Grand Canyon Rafting with Arizona River Runners ~ Adventure at Its Finest

I did my first Grand Canyon Raft trip when I was in my early 20's. I was single, playing and teaching racquetball for a living and working as a server in a restaurant. I had traveled half way around the world in my short life but had yet to do a Grand Canyon raft trip. So, when the opportunity came up....I jumped on it.

I had the time and I had the money so, without knowing a soul on the trip, I signed up and went on my first Grand Canyon Raft trip with Arizona River Runners. I remember after our orientation, standing at Lee's Ferry with my life jacket on, about to get onto the rafts and thinking to myself....."Did I just pay all this money and I'm going to die?!" Here I was, the great adventurer, jock, strong, independent woman (hear me roar!) and I was second guessing my latest choice of adventure.

As I watched our blonde, bronzed river guide packing his boat, my next thought was "The guides go down the river, come back, do it again and again and again so it must be okay." With this thought in my head, I clamored onto my first raft and my life was forever changed. It was an adventure beyond anything I expected or could have hoped for.

That was 34 years ago. I married that blonde, bronzed river guide. We ran the river together as crew for 3 years, and now we have two grown daughters working on the river.

Adventure at its finest I'd say.

For your adventure call Arizona River Runners at 1-800-477-7238. We'll take you on the Grand Canyon Rafting vacation of your life!