Friday, July 2, 2010

A Letter to Arizona River Runners


We would like to share a letter with you from a rafter who went on our June 8th, 6-Day Trip. Enjoy!

Dear Arizona River Runners,

When my mom first proposed the idea of a white-water rafting trip I have to admit I was slightly more than apprehensive about spending five days with twenty plus strangers, eating, sleeping, and boating together. As I was later to discover my worries were unwarranted and the trip turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. I have traveled all over the world, and taken several guided tours through national parks. My encounter on the Colorado River trough the Grand Canyon was some of the most beautiful and peaceful scenes I have ever witnessed.

The crew: Ani Stube, Dan Hall, Michael "MAC" Cornwell and Greg Eastwood were truly amazing from the start. All were welcoming, friendly and very knowledgeable. They were of constant entertainment and maneuvered the river as if they had been riding it their entire lives. Travis Veracammen, our Trip Leader, was exceptional. His love for the canyon showed in everything he did. His constant vigilance for all of us campers kept everyone safe. Most of all, he kept everyone around him laughing. This is a remarkable person and I am so thankful to have had him as our Trip Leader.

By the end of our journey, the entire group had melded into an extended family. Our experience in the canyon with Arizona River Runners brought us together like nothing I have ever come across before, and I credit that to the wonderful spirits of our guides. All shared tears when it came time to go our separate ways. ARR provided my family and me with more than a vacation; it gave us a life changing experience that will stay with us forever.

I hope this company will continue to share this adventure with many people for a long time to come. Please take care of our guides, they are like family to me and I miss them deeply. You run a really great program. Keep it up.

Sincerely,
Monica A. Lum
Honolulu Hawaii


If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-477-7238.